Travel from Brisbane up the stunning East Coast to explore the magic of Fraser Island and the breathtaking crystal clear blue waters and white sand of the Whitsundays. Get ready, you are about to make some memories!
Day 1: Make your way to Hervey Bay, the Gateway to stunning Fraser Island. Hervey Bay YHA offers a free shuttle from the Greyhound and Premier bus stop to the hostel. Stay at Hervey Bay YHA
Day 2 and 3: Your 2 day/ 1 night all inclusive tour to the world's largest sand island, Fraser Island, begins! You will be picked up from your accommodation between 7.00 and 8.00am before boarding the ferry for the 50 minute cruise across the Great Sandy Strait. Look out for playful dolphins, turtles or the elusive dugong. Make sure you have everything you need for the day as your 4WD tour starts as soon as you arrive on the island.
From here, you will spend two action packed days discovering shipwrecks, ancient rainforests, freshwater lakes and pristine white sandy beaches. This unforgettable trip takes in some of Fraser Island's most famous locations, including Lake McKenzie, The Pinnacles Coloured Sands, Maheno Shipwreck, Indian Head, and Seventy-Five Mile Beach. At the conclusion of your tour, you will be dropped back to Hervey Bay YHA around 9.30pm.
Day 4:After spending the day exploring Hervey Bay, it's time to board the night bus and get on the road north as you make your way towards Airlie Beach to embark on a once in a lifetime 2 day/1 night sailing adventure.
Day 5: Use your FREE NIGHT at Airlie Beach YHA to explore the vibrant hub of the Whitsundays. With breathtakingly scenic walking trails, a huge lagoon with free BBQs, and world famous backpacker beer gardens, Airlie Beach allows your holiday to be as relaxed or adventure-seeking active as you feel like!
Day 6: Your 2 chilled out days of sensational sailing around the unparalleled Whitsunday Islands starts at 8.30am from Abel Point Marina. Spend the next two days snorkelling, swimming and relaxing. Of course, no trip to the Whitsundays is complete without a visit to the postcard-perfect Whitehaven Beach! On a budget? No worries! Bring your own alcoholic drinks on board the boat (no glass). After sleeping on the Great Barrier Reef and making memories to last a life time, you return to Airlie Beach by approximately 4.00pm.
What to Bring:
1 small overnight bag with clothes and toiletries. Don't forget swimwear, hat, towel, sunscreen, and of course, your camera.
This itinerary is based on using the Greyhound Bus service but does not include transport between Hervey Bay and Airlie Beach. Ask us about our exclusive discounts on Greyhound's East Coast Hop-on Hop-off pass.
Please let us know if:
- You have any dietary requirements
- You need a different itinerary from the one listed above- just tell us what tour dates you need and we will do our best to make it happen;
- You are travelling on and need any tips, or tours booked. We are here to help;
Are you travelling the opposite direction? No worries, contact us directly and we can personalise an itinerary that works for you.
- 2 nights multi-share accommodation at Hervey Bay YHA (one night before your Fraser Island tour and one night after)
- Return ferry transfers to Fraser Island
- 2 day/1 night Fraser Island 4WD tour - accommodation (incl. linen) and delicious meals included.
- 1 FREE night multi-share accommodation at Airlie Beach YHA
- 2 day/1 night Whitsunday Islands sailing trip including snorkel equipment- accommodation (incl. linen) and delicious meals included
| ||Departs |
|Fraser Island Tour ||7:30am||6:30 pm||Hervey Bay YHA||Daily|
|Whitsunday Sailing Tour||8:30am||4:00pm||Abel Point Marina||Daily except Monday|
From 04 April 2017 until 31 March 2018
Some price options may not be available and Tours & Activities must be booked at least five days prior to the end of their current season and not more than six months in advance.
Things you should know
Important Product Information
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to commencement of package or no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee, meaning no refund.
Cancellation outside of 48 hours will incur a minimum cancellation fee of AUD$25 per booking and can be up to 100% of the booking value. Fees will vary depending on the tour operator involved in the package.
Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages.
Bookings can only be amended more than 14 days prior to commencement of package.
Amendments within 48 hours of commencement will be treated as a cancellation, and you will need to make a new booking.
Each amendment (not cancellation) after confirmation will incur an administration fee of AUD$25 per person, in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator.
General Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Travel & Tours consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Travel & Tours and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- If you selected a YHA Member rate, then avalid YHA/Hostelling International membership card has to be presented for each person booked when checking in. If you are unable to join prior to arrival, you must purchase a membership upon arrival at the hostel, or pay the price difference between the member and standard rates,
- YHA Travel & Tours will aim to respond to your booking within 48 hours by email. However, in some instances (for example during long weekends or public holidays) the response time may vary.
- Please note that only some hostels are suitable for wheelchair access. If in doubt please contact the individual hostel.
- The responsibility of YHA Travel & Tours in connection with 'Travel Deals' is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in the Travel Deals products is made by YHA Travel & Tours as agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Travel & Tours shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Travel & Tours believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Travel & Tours will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed, please notify us immediately by email or fax. On the booking confirmation print-out, you can find the email contact details. If you cancel or amend your booking after we have confirmed or fail to arrive on the nominated day, we will charge you the fees outlined in the specific product conditions.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses.
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Travel & Tours does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.