- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Guided commentary
- Guided walks and free-walking options
- National Park entry fees
- Bruny Island Ferry fees
- Local food tastings of oysters, cheese, and honey (Bruny Island)
- Pick up and drop off- Hobart City YHA | Airport drop off available.
- Add on your pre and post tour accommodation from $28 per person per night
- Bicheno Evening Penguin tour (additional expense)
- Port Arthur Historic Site entry, guided walk and harbour cruise (additional expense)
4 Day Great East Tasmania Adventure
- Bay of Fires, St Helens, Bicheno
- Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, Cape Tourville
- Bruny Island, South Bruny Island National Park, Cape Bruny, The Neck, Adventure Bay, Fluted Cape, local food tastings
- Richmond Colonial Village, Tasman Peninsula
- Advanced Eco-Certified Tour
Travel to Northeast Tasmania and begin the journey along the Great Eastern Drive; First stop, the charming coastal town of St Helens before heading to the stunningly beautiful Bay of Fires with its turquoise waters, white sands, and orange lichen cloaked boulders. Weather permitting you can swim, or simply stroll barefoot along the pristine sand. It's a relaxing drive as you relish the incredible scenery before reaching the cosy fishing village of Bicheno, your home for tonight. After dark, we reccomend joining the evening viewing of the little penguins as they return from the sea to the shore (additional expense).
Freycinet National Park -> Hobart
The scenery, colours and landscapes of Freycinet National Park will captivate you. Arriving early to beat the crowds, you will get to experience uninterupted views of Wineglass Bay. From here, you can choose a walk to your liking; the summit of Mt Amos for a challenging hike, or choose to descend to Wineglass Beach. Alternatively, and just as appealing you can simply relax on a secluded beach. Later on, walk the boardwalk to Cape Tourville (one of Tassie’s ‘Great Short Walks’) and experience tremendous panoramic views of the Freycinet Peninsula including Wineglass Bay and the pink granite peaks of the Hazards mountains. After an unforgettable day, travel back into Hobart to explore this beautiful city at night.
Get ready for breathtaking beaches, unique wildlife, dramatic scenery and mouth-watering local cheese, honey, and oysters. Today you will discover why Bruny Island is rated as the best daytrip experience from Hobart. Highlights today include South Bruny National Park with its amazing views and a hike to Fluted Cape, Truganini Lookout at The Neck, exploring the pristine beach of Adventure Bay (with luck you will see unique white wallabies). Your local expert guide will provide the perfect amount of knowledge and an authentic experience of this unbelievable nature-at-it's-best destination
Today you will visit the charming, colonial village of Richmond before exploring the Tasman Peninsula. At Pirates Bay Lookout you will get your first glimpse of the Peninsula with Cape Huay in the distance. Take in the dramatic coastal scenery and geological formations of Tasman Arch, Devil’s Kitchen, and walk along the towering cliff line to the aptly name Waterfall Bay, where waterfalls cascade into the sea from immense heights. From Remarkable Cave you can walk the windswept coastline to the moon-shaped Crescent Bay, with its staggering sand dunes and powerful ocean vistas, or forego the walk to Crescent Bay in place of a cultural excursion to Port Arthur Historic Site (additional expense) to learn about one of Australia’s best preserved convict sites.
- Co-living accommodation is based on same-gender dormitory rooms with shared same-gender bathrooms. Own toiletries and towels are required.
- Twin/Double and Single rooms have shared same-gender bathrooms
- If booking Twin or Double accommodation options, a minimum of 2 persons is required. We are unable to match up single travellers into a Twin share option
Tour Only: $595
Tour + pre and post accommmodation at Hobart Central YHA: $651.00 (co-living | private room upgrades are available)
--> Click the enquiry button below for bookings.
Things You Should Know
What you need to bring:
- Walking Shoes
- Outer wear/ clothing for all climates.
- Rain jacket
- Insect repellent
You can make this as active or as easy as you like; all walks are optional and range from 20 minutes up to 4 hours.
- The hiking in Tasmania is world-class, and the hikes on this tour are no exception, many of the 60-great-short-walks of Tasmania can be experienced on this tour.
- Some walks are guided, while others are unguided (free walking)
- In many locations there is a choice between an easier or more advanced option
Luggage Limit is 20kg per person. Bring a day pack for essentials
Cancellations (Fees applied by YHA):
You may be charged the following fees if you cancel your booking before departure:
- 30 days or more: 25% of fare.
- 8 to 29 days: 50% of fare.
- 0 to 7 days: 100% of fare.
- Fees up to $100 may be charged for booking amendments.
Operator Terms and Conditions:
- Acceptance of booking and payments
If we accept your booking, we will issue you with a booking confirmation notice by email. Full payment is required at the time of booking. A contract will exist between you and us from the date we issue the confirmation notice and receipt of your payment.
- Booking changes
If you require a change to your booking, no fees will be charged if changes are made 21 days or more prior to departure. Changes within 21 days of departure are only permitted when operationally possible and fees of up to $95 per amendment may be charged.
- Cancellations by You
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance which includes cover for cancellation costs.
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking the cancellation terms set out below will apply.
If you cancel a booking:
- 21 days or more prior to departure, we will charge 25% of the total booking amount.
- Within 8 to 20 days prior to departure, we will charge 50% of the booking amount.
- 7 days or fewer prior to departure or no show, we will charge 100% of the booking amount.
- Mt Wellington Descent tour only- we may at our absolute discretion charge the following fees: within 7 Days- 25%, within 48 to 24 hours- 50%, or within 24 hours or no show- 100% of booking amount.
If you cancel a booking due to COVID-19:
- Within 7 days of departure and due to you having COVID-19 or symptoms and supported by a medical certificate, or due to border closures inhibiting your ability to travel, we will refund monies paid by you in connection with the booking less any unrecoverable costs.
No refund will be made if: you are not present at your tour’s department time; you join the tour after departure; you leave the tour prior to its completion for any reason; or, you fail to comply with Tasmanian border entry conditions at the time of arrival in Tasmania.
- Cancellations by Us
If we cancel your tour, you can transfer the fare paid towards a tour on an alternate date or alternatively receive a full refund. Refunds will be provided where required by Australian Consumer Law.
In circumstances where a cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
- Itinerary and Price Changes
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion at all times to amend itineraries, inclusions and prices and where necessary cancel departures due to operational reasons, minimum number restrictions or weather conditions. Please note that minimum numbers restrictions apply for all tour departures. If an amendment as aforementioned is to take place, we will try to provide you with reasonable notice.
- Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is NOT INCLUDED in the cost of your tour. It is strongly recommended that you have personal travel insurance sufficient to cover loss or damage to property, illness, injury, or not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage, for any injury or loss of any type while on tour.
We are not responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of flights or public transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown, acts of God, or other conditions. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should it be deemed necessary. We act solely as an agent in securing accommodation and, where applicable, public transport or other services, and are not liable for any loss or inconvenience in the event of any failure by any person or company to render transportation, accommodation or other services.
- Health and Safety
You acknowledge that the nature of the tour is adventure travel and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You agree to advise us prior to commencement of any tour of any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to participate in any part of the tour or other information we need to know to include you safely in the tour or activity. We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel the day’s touring if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for disruption to travel plans or mental injury is excluded.
- Age and Physical Requirements
A traveller must be minimum age of 8 years at the time of the tour to participate. We have no upper age limit though we remind you our tours can be physically demanding and we expect you to have a reasonable level of fitness and act responsibly to ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times. Our tours have a component of free walking, all of which is done at your own risk. All travellers under the age of 18 years at time of the tour must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by a responsible escort over the age of 18 years, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or escort of any traveller under the age of 18 years will be responsible for the day-to-day care of travellers in their charge. A legal guardian may apply for an exemption to the age requirements. This application must be made in writing to us and we reserve the right to make any determination in our absolute discretion.
- Optional Activities
Optional activities, as described in the itinerary, are at your own expense, are not included in the price of the tour and do not form part of these terms and conditions. You accept that any assistance given by your guide or any other member of our staff in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
YHA Experiences Terms and Conditions
- Your credit card will be debited upon completion of the online booking process. Your booking is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation email from a YHA Experiences consultant.
- In the unlikely event we cannot confirm your booking, we will refund the total amount to the credit card with which payment has been made within 7 days. YHA Experiences and its suppliers are not liable in the event a tour or package is not available, and any refunds are restricted to the purchase price of the tour or package booked.
- All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.
- YHA Experiences will aim to respond to your booking within 24 hours by email
- The responsibility of YHA Experiences in connection with travels sales is limited to the sale of accommodation only. The sale of other services as described in YHA Experiences products are made by YHA Experiences as an agent only for the persons providing such other services and upon the condition that YHA Experiences shall not be liable for any accidents, loss, injury, delay or damage caused by or arising out of the provision of or failure to provide any other such service.
- YHA Experiences believes that the content of this website is correct at the time of publishing, but all prices and services described herein are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- YHA Experiences will be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy or misdescription to provide any services set out herein.
- YHA receives remuneration through commissions from booking travel and travel-related products and services on your behalf with third party travel service providers.
Cancellations and Amendments
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please notify us immediately by email. You can find the email contact details on your booking confirmation. Cancellation and change fees are outlined below:
- A minimum cancellation fee of $25 per booking will apply to all cancellations. This fee excludes tour operator fees which will vary at the discretion of the supplier/s involved.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of the tour, activity, accommodation, transport item commencing will incur a 100% cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued.
- No- shows/ failure to check- in for any tour, activity, accommodation, and/or transport item is considered a cancellation and a refund will not be issued.
- Refunds are not available on unused portions of tour packages.
- Booking changes and amendments must be made 5 business days prior to the confirmed date of commencement for the tour, activity, accommodation, or transport item.
- Booking changes and amendments to any booking made within 48 hours of the tour, activity, accommodation, and/or transport item may result in full cancellation and rebooking of each item and will therefore be charged full cancellation fees.
- Each change/ amendment after confirmation will incur a minimum fee of $25 per person, per change/ amendment. This fee is in addition to any fees imposed by the tour operator which will vary in line with the cancellation and change terms and conditions of the tour operator involved.
This YHA Experiences product is not restricted to YHA members and guests. You do not need to be a member or guest of YHA to purchase this product.
- If there is accommodation included in this YHA Experiences product and you are not already a member of YHA Australia, membership will be included as part as your first night’s stay
- If you are an Australian resident, your membership is valid for 2 years from the month that you stay at your first YHA hostel in Australia. Your membership will renew automatically, each time you stay at a YHA in Australia.
- If you are not an Australian resident, your membership is valid for 2 years from the month that you stay at your first YHA hostel in Australia. Your membership will renew automatically, each time you stay at a YHA in Australia.
We strongly advise you purchase adequate travel insurance to safeguard against any losses
All prices and information stated on this booking request are subject to change. Please note that every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. However, YHA Experiences does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Personal information is collected by YHA to provide products or services to you. If you wish to read our Privacy Statement please click here.
Last updated 19th January 2021