Explore the Snowy Mountains from Australia's only alpine-style village, Thredbo. Walk to Australia's highest peak, Mt Kosciuszko; go mountain biking or horse riding; bushwalk or just relax on the YHA's verandah with its stunning mountain views. Lots of summer events from November to March.
YHA is in the heart of Thredbo village - easy walk to pubs, cafe and restaurants
Free skate park
A super fun, windy, downhill trip from the hostel will take you to the Skate Park. Spend some shreddin' time here one afternoon.
Mt Kosci Sunset Self-Guided Hike
Self-guided hiking onto the highest point of Australia - Mount Kosciuzko, at sunset. Ask at reception for the directions
Things to do in Thredbo
- Climb to the summit of Australia's highest mountain, Mt Kosciuszko 2228m!
- Hike up to the Historic Seamens Hut and read about the tragic history behind it.
- Ride Thredbo's scenic mountain bike trails.
- Test your biking skills on the pump track.
- Take a picnic to one of the many gorgeous lookouts or vistas and eat your heart out.
- Show off your moves in the Skate Park, or sit back and watch the pros shred.
- Visit the Thredbo Ski Museum (limited opening hours year-round).
- Cook up a feast on the free BBQs by the beautiful Thredbo River.