Explore the Snowy Mountains from Australia's only alpine-style village, Thredbo. Walk to Australia's highest peak, Mt Kosciuszko; go mountain biking or horse riding; bushwalk or just relax on the YHA's verandah with its stunning mountain views. Lots of summer events from November to March.
YHA is in the heart of Thredbo village - easy walk to pubs, cafe and restaurants
Free skate park
A super fun, windy, downhill trip from the hostel will take you to the Skate Park. Spend some shreddin' time here one afternoon.
Mt Kosci Sunset Self-Guided Hike
Self-guided hiking onto the highest point of Australia - Mount Kosciuzko, at sunset. Ask at reception for the directions
- Climb to the summit of Australia's highest mountain, Mt Kosciuszko 2228m
- Ride Thredbo's scenic mountain bike trails
- Test your biking skills on the pump track
- Take a picnic to one of the many gorgeous lookouts or vistas and eat your heart out
- Cook up a feast on the free BBQs by the beautiful Thredbo River
- Visit the Thredbo Ski Museum (limited opening hours year round)
- Shred in the Skate Park