Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available from 8:30am - 5pm.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm.
- Please download GOKI app in advance for a smoother check-in and easy access to property and rooms.
- Guests arriving after 6pm will be sent an email prompt via Goki including an access code for the front door and guest room.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- A vehicle drop off area is located at the front of the building (laundry/studio). Vehicle access is from Buckwong Place, turn left just past Schulfwinkle and in front of Kiama Lodge. This area is strictly drop off only, a 5 minute limit will be placed on all cars using the access and a $300 fine will be imposed if cars exceed the limit. You will be required to drive in and out of the drop off zone front first, there will be no backing out of this area. There is only space for two cars at one time, so cars must wait until the area is vacant before proceeding along the road and bridge. Please note snow chains may be required to access the driveway.
- Guests need a NSW Parks pass for entry to Thredbo
- Between June and Oct long weekends, all 2WD vehicles must carry chains to enter National Park.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card/Goki access is required for property entry between 11pm and 8am.
- Look after your key - replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check-out. If you forget, no worries - keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car parking: We recommend using the overnight parking at the northern end of the village (Thredbo Leisure Centre/Friday Flat), and take advantage of the free shuttle bus service throughout Thredbo.
- Guest Laundry is located on the ground floor. Cost is $4 each.
- Kitchen & dining is located on level 1.
- Co-living areas are open all day, however we ask that guests respect 'quiet hours' after 10pm.
- Luggage storage: available on ground floor for free, just BYO padlock.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the T's & C's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Thredbo are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 1. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- Continental breakfast is available Saturdays and Sundays 7:30am-9:30am for $12 and includes cereal, milk, yoghurt, bread (with spreads) and seasonal fruit.
- The closest supermarket is Foodworks, just a 5min walk from the property.
- Take a stroll, just 5mins from the property, to find a variety of cafes, bars and restaurants.Chat with the team to find out their favourites!
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Local transport: There is a free Thredbo Village shuttle available from village carparks to chairlift terminals and village accommodation.
- Main bus terminal: near carparks in Friday Flats.
- Ski lift terminal is 5min walk from property.
- Village Square is 5min walk from property.
Things to do
- Winter & Summer there is PLENTY to do in Thredbo! Check out our monthly guide.
- Thredbo isn't just for skiing - we've put together our list of top things to do in Thredbo that doesn't involve snow!
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- We recommend you secure your bike and lock your car. YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any belongings.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, you're membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.