YHA Pittwater Eco (Sydney)
Kayak and picnic around the beautiful Morning Bay. Bushwalk to lookouts, aboriginal engraving sites, and waterfalls. See native animals in their natural setting. Try twilight sailing or just doing nothing! The bushland and the azure backdrop of Pittwater's bays have attracted YHA hostel users since World War II.
Find out what's on | YHA Pittwater Eco regularly host wellness and artist retreats, remote working stays and family, bush regeneration and open weekends.
Church Point ferry
Visit other parts of the western shore and Scotland Island. Price is $15pp round trip.
Kayak & Stand Up Paddle boards
Kayak/SUP to the bays and beaches of Pittwater. Get lost in the mangroves. Visit other parts of the National Park and aboriginal engraving sites.
Single kayak / SUP hire price is $25 for the first hour and $15/hour thereafter. Full day hire is $60
Double kayak hire price is $35 for the first hour and $20/hour thereafter. Full day hire is $90
Palm Beach whale watching cruise
Price is from $85pp
Local sailing school, All Sail, offers introductory sailing courses and to join in on twilight races. Single twilight crew spot from $170 per person.
Things to do in Pittwater
- Explore an abundance of local bushwalks and lookouts.
- Wildlife spotting: wallabies, possums, birdlife and goannas.
- See the rising sun from a sandstone rock shelf overlooking Pittwater and beyond on a sunrise walk.
- Be mesmerised by the Full moon with a late-night walk on the beach when timing coincides.
- Hit the trails of the National Park with your mountain bike.
- Head over to Church Point beach and soak up the sun.
- Enjoy a ferry over to Scotland Island with great views of the whole Harbour.