YHA Sydney Central
Important information & operating hours
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If you are arriving after late please notify the property ahead of time.
- Check out by 10am sharp, don't be late, our housekeeping staff need to clean the room ready for the next guest arriving.
- Linen return - please bring down only the white linen (sheets, pillowcases, and towels) to reception and place in the laundry chute. Leave your pillow and doona (with cover on) in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Our team is available 24/7.
- Key card access is required for property entry at night.
- Use your key in the lifts to access your room level and the common areas
- Look after your key - replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries - keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Level 9 - Pool, rooftop & balcony
- Level 4 & 7 - Co-working areas
- Level 4, 6 & 8 - Laundry facilities
- Level 1 - Co-living kitchen & dining
- Level 1 - Cinema room
- Street level - InHouse Cafe
- Basement - Schirrmo's Bar
- Car parking is available in our below ground car park and will need to be booked and purchased at reception
- Pushbike parking in the basement is free, please enter and exit from the car park at the back of the building (not the lift) and leave your bike in the spaces provided.
- We recommend you secure your bike and lock your car. YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any belongings when left in the carpark
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Sydney Central are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Continental breakfast is served daily on level 1. It can be purchased when you book on yha.com.au, by selecting a bed and breakfast rate, or during your stay from reception. At only $12 it's an easy way to start your day.
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 1. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- Schirrmo's Bar |Our very own basement bar! Follow on Instagram to keep up-to date with all the latest happenings, including language exchnage nights, comedy nights, karaoke, drag bingo and more - check them out here.
- Chinatown Sydney has an abundance of great eateries
- Spice Alley for hawker-style street food and more
- Surry Hills has loads of clubs, pubs, cafes and restaurants to suit all taste buds.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
For information of local transport, including timetables and journey planner visit TransportNSW or chat to one of our helpful team members.
- Sydney's main bus and train interchange is Central station, just minutes from the property - and gives you access to all areas of Sydney, its surrounding suburbs plus regional NSW and Australia
- Easy access by train to both Sydney Domestic & International airports
- The closest supermarket is Woolworths Metro Haymarket, just 5 minutes from the property.
- The light rail is right outside the front door - so jump on and explore!
Things to do
- Discover and explore Sydney your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
- Schirrmo's Bar, our very own basement bar! Follow them on Instagram to keep up-to date with all the latest happenings, including events like happy hour, comedy nights, karaoke and drag bingo.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- We recommend you secure your bike and lock your car. YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any belongings.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, you're membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.