What's on while you stay at YHA Cairns Central
Monday | BBQ night
Tuesday | Pool competition
Wednesday | Community & Culture night*
Thursday | Trivia night
Friday | Beer pong
Saturday | Local pub crawl
Sunday | Movies under the stars by the pool (cast your vote on our Insta stories)
*events include Indigenous Cultural night, Wallaby counts, Aboriginal art lessons, beach clean-up/plastics sorting)
Things to do in Cairns
- Hire an e-scooter, located right outside the gates to the property. Find out more and download the Beem app.
- Walk along the Esplanade to the Botanical Gardens then do the Red Arrow and reward yourself with a cool drink at the Botanical Gardens Cafe afterwards.
- Have fun at Rusty's markets - Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (check out Billys Coffee...rumoured to be the best coffee in Cairns).
- Stroll along the secluded palm cove beach, the perfect destination to soak up the sun whilst having picnic.
- Take a drive out to Crystal Cascades and enjoy a refreshing dip under a beautiful waterfall.
- Explore the Cairns's night markets - open daily 4-10 PM.
- Join the Cairns locals for free zumba, yoga and fitness classes on the Esplanade.
- Visits the small village of Kuranda located inland from cairns with an abundance of hikes and boutique shops and stalls it's the perfect day trip.
- Have a swim in the lagoon pool and then soak up some rays while you listen to the local bands who often provide free entertainment on the grassy area by the pool.