YHA Adelaide Central
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available between 7am and 11pm. We can be contacted 24 hours a day by picking up the white guest phone at reception.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm, however if you arrive early and the room is ready, we’ll check you in straight away. Should the room not be ready when you arrive, you can store your bags with us and make full use of the common areas.
- If arriving after 11pm, please contact us in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you instructions for gaining access to the building.
- Check out is until 10am. You’re welcome to store your bags with us and continue to make use of the co-living spaces until you're ready to depart. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry at night as well as front door, laundry and bathrooms.
- Look after your key- replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries- keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car Parking is available directly behind our building for $15 per night. Bookings are recommended. The parking lot is locked between 11pm – 5am. Please contact reception to gain access during these hours.
- Bike storage is provided free of charge. We recommend you secure your bike with a high quality lock.
- YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of belongings.
- Guest laundry is open 24hrs a day. Washing $4.20, drying $5.20, but if you have time, you can make use of the clothesline in the laundry.
- We have two tv rooms, both located on Level One.
- Our kitchen and dining facilities are open 24hrs and are located on Level One.
- Our study room is located on Level Two.
- Luggage storage is free! Please speak to reception if you need to store bags prior to check in or after check out.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t&c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Adelaide Central are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Our guest kitchen is open 24hrs a day. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- Supermarkets: Coles and Woolworths can be found in Rundle Mall. An IGA supermarket located 4 minutes from the property is scheduled to open in September 2022.
- We’re just a short stroll to the Adelaide Central Markets, the largest undercover in Australia, as well as China Town, and Peel and Leigh Streets for funky bars and cafes.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
For information of local transport, including timetables and journey planner visit Adelaide Metro or chat to one of our helpful team members.
- Grab a Metrocard from the train station or from convenience stores, which will give you access to the bus/train/tram network.
- The Central Bus station is located at 85 Franklin Street, a 2 minute walk South from the property.
- We’re located in the middle of the city. Hindley Street is 5 minutes away, Rundle Mall 10 minutes, or Tarntanyangga/Victoria Square is 12 minutes by foot.
- Adelaide Oval is a 15 minute walk from the property. You can get to the Entertainment Centre or Coopers Stadium on the free tram line.
- Rundle Mall has everything you could need. Check with our staff for opening hours.
- All major banks and department stores are located in the CBD.
Things to do
- Discover and explore Adelaide your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Solar hot water.
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas.
- Dedicated space to give second hand goods, clothing, food and more, new life when our guests are heading off on their next adventure.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.