YHA Fremantle Prison
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available from 9am to 9pm.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If you are arriving after 9pm please notify the property ahead of time or use phone at reception to call staff.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry at night.
- Look after your key - replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check-out. If you forget, no worries - keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car Parking onsite is limited (by request only) and cannot be pre-booked. There is paid council parking available nearby.
- Guest Laundry: near kitchen
- Kitchen + dining
- TV Room
- Large outdoor area with volleyball setup and table tennis
- Free short term luggage storage is available during office hours.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Fremantle Prison are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Drinks and snacks available at reception during office hours
- Local supermarket (IGA) is a 10min walk away
- Fremantle Markets every weekend, just 2mins away
- Cappuccino Strip hosts the best cafe's, restaurants and pubs in town.
- Our guest kitchen: Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Train station is 15min by foot
- 15min walk to Rottnest Island Ferry terminal
- Find the town centre just 5mins from the property
- Perth is less than 1hr by public transport from Fremantle
Things to do
- Visit 'Freo Social' - Fremantle's premier live music venue
- Vist Discover and explore Perth & Fremantle your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Low energy and timed lighting.
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Dedicated space to give second hand goods, clothing, food and more, new life when our guests are heading off on their next adventure.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.