YHA Byron Bay
Byron Bay has so many activities and trips to keep you busy throughout your stay.
Learn to surf, kayak with dolphins, go snorkeling or diving, jump out of a plane, watch whales off the coast (June-November), head up to the lighthouse for sunset or sunrise, head to the hippy town of Nimbin for a day, check out some local waterfalls or sit back and relax on the beach.
After a busy day out on the water and under the sun, head to one of Byron Bay’s famous bars such as The Beach Hotel, The Rails or The Northern for a cold one to unwind. There are heaps of options for dining, such as Main Street Burger Bar, Legends Pizza and Miss Margarita’s. Still keen to head out? Head to Cheeky Monkey’s Backpacker Bar for some epic nights out and to Woody’s Surf Shack who do a surfboard giveaway every Wednesday night.
Bike rental with Trek Bikes
- Book at reception
- Cost: $15/half day | $26/full day
- Rental includes: Locks | Helmets | Lights
- Rental hours: 8:30am-6pm (summer) | 8:30am-5pm (winter)
- Pick up/drop off at YHA Cape Byron
Cape Byron Lighthouse Walk
Join our free walk to Australia's most easterly point and trek through rainforest and clifftops before coming to the spectacular views of the ocean, hinterland and lighthouse.
Guests can register at the reception desk of either YHA Cape Byron or YHA Byron Bay.
Itinerary: YHA Byron Bay > YHA Cape Byron > Cape Byron Lighthouse
Join one of our yoga classes (open to checked-in guests at both YHA properties in Byron Bay), led by a licensed yoga teacher, who is also part of the YHA team.
Participation is limited to 12 individuals per session, and a fee of AU$5 per person applies.
Register at the reception desk of either YHA Cape Byron or YHA Byron Bay.
Things to do in Byron Bay
- Walk the loop to the lighthouse via the National Park rainforest walk and back via Wategos Beach and Palm Valley (7km return)
- Surf, swim or just sunbake on any of Byron Bay's amazing beaches.
- Take in a sunrise (or sunset if you like a sleep in) at Australia’s most Easterly point.
- Free live music at the famous Beach Hotel most nights but especially for the traditional Sunday Session (on Sundays if you didn’t guess!)
- Spot a hippie or even a hipster at a sunset drum circle on Main Beach or check out the many street artists around town.
- Walk around the local Farmers Market every Thursday morning OR the monthly market on the first Sunday of every month.
- Hike though the majestic Arakwal national park, choose from many of its hiking trails.
- Venture out to cape Byron lookout just beyond the lighthouse and have a swim in the nearby Little Wategos Beach.