YHA Byron Bay
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available from 8:30am - 8pm (there is a Night Manager phone for emergencies).
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If arriving late please notify the property ahead of time to arrange a late check-in.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry between 8pm - 8:30am and for room and shared bathroom access.
- Look after your key - replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check-out. If you forget, no worries - keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car parking: there are 9 spots available in our secure underground car park. Fee is $19 per day and must be booked prior to arrival to avoid missing out.
- Bike storage: free bike storage inside and outside the property.
- Surfboard storage: free surfboard storage inside the property.
- YHA is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property. We recommend removing all personal items from your car and putting a lock on your bike.
- Guest Laundry is located on level 1. Two washing machines and two dryers are available for use for $4 each from 6:30am - 8pm.
- Kitchen & dining is located on level 2 and is open 6:30am - 10pm.
- TV room is located on level 1 and open 24hrs.
- BBQ area is located on level 2.
- The pool and outdoor seating is on level 1 and open 7am - 8pm.
- All co-living areas close at 11pm.
- Available at reception (fees may apply):
- Surfboard & bike rental
- Gym equipment
- Yoga mats
- Hair dryer & hair straightener
- Luggage storage: Electronic lockers are available for approx. $7 per day (card or cash payment).
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the T's & C's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Byron Bay are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 2. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- There are vending machines for drinks and snacks.
- The closest supermarket is Woolworths, just a 3min walk from the property (200m).
- Take a stroll, just 10mins from the property, to find a variety of cafes, bars and restaurants. Here's a few recommendations from our team:
- Domino's Pizza - Shop 1/93 Jonson St
- Sunday Sustainable Bakery - 101 Jonson St
- Gusman y Gomez - 52 Jonson St
- Beach Hotel - Bay St
- The Northern - 35-43 Jonson St
- Railway Friendly Bar - 86 Jonson St
- Byron Bay Farmers Market, every Thursday from 7am to 11am.
- Twilight Market – Every Saturday from 4pm to 9pm from the 1st of October to April (Easter).
- Byron Bay Community Market, every first Sunday of the month 8am to 3pm.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Local transport: Buses connect Byron Bay with other suburbs and cities (Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney - try Greyhound, PremierMS and NSW Transport).
- Main bus terminal: Byron Bay Interchange - Bus Terminal us on Butler Street, just 5min walk from property.
- Transport/Rentals/Taxis/Shuttle services
- Beach: Just a 5 minute walk away!
- Shopping: Explore the shops and Byron boutiques within a short stroll of the property. The nearest shopping centre is 30mins by car.
- Palace Cinemas - 108-110 Jonson St
Things to do
- Bike rental with Trek Bikes
- Book at reception
- Cost: $15/half day | $26/full day
- Rental includes: Locks | Helmets | Lights
- Rental hours: 8:30am-6pm (summer) | 8:30am-5pm (winter)
- Pick up/drop off at YHA Cape Byron
- Hire a wetsuit, surfboard or bike from the property to experience the real Byron Bay!
- Join our free walk to Australia's most easterly point and trek through rainforest and clifftops before coming to the spectacular views of the ocean, hinterland and lighthouse - enquire at reception (Thursday's at 1pm).
- Join one of our yoga classes (open to checked-in guests at both YHA properties in Byron Bay), led by a licensed yoga teacher, who is also part of the YHA team - enquire at reception (Tuesday's & Friday's at 9:30am (1hr)).
- There are plenty of tours and attractions available which we can help with, please speak to our reception staff.
- Discover and explore Byron Bay your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- YHA is committed to providing all guests with a safe and healthy environment. Byron Bay YHA is a 100% smoke-free property, including both tobacco and e-cigarettes/vapes.
- We recommend you secure your bike and lock your car. YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any belongings.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, you're membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Vegetable garden with a range of free vegetables
- Community recycle station
- Solar heated hot water
- Low energy lighting used in some areas of the property
- Promotion of public transport, including bike hire and free bike storage - the easiest way to be eco-friendly
- Rainwater tanks
- No plastic bottles or plastic bags on site.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.