YHA Grampians Eco (Halls Gap)
The ultimate outdoor adventure getaway, the Grampians is perfect for those looking to get back to nature and experience the great outdoors. Stay in quaint Halls Gap, the gateway town to the Grampians.
The Grampians has fantastic one day and multi day hiking trails for hikers of all levels of experience and has numerous look out points with stunning views of the Grampians and Halls Gap. There are also a multitude of waterfalls, rivers and lakes to marvel at and relax by.
If you're after a shot of adrenaline coursing through your veins, there are plenty of opportunities to go rock climbing (the Grampians is one of the best rock climbing areas in Australia), abseiling, mountain biking and riding a quad bike on a tour. For a slower change of pace, there's also horseback riding, kayaking and canoeing.
No visit to Halls Gap is complete without checking out the Brambuk Cultural Centre. The centre showcases the area's extensive indigenous history with the region itself having the largest number of rock art sites in Southern Australia.
The region creates some delicious local produce that can be found at cafes and restaurants in Halls Gap, so after a long day adventuring, relax at one of the many places to eat in town and sample it all. You can't go past Coolas Ice Creamery for some of their tasty home made ice cream!
Things to do in the Grampians & Halls Gap
- Hike! Popular trails include The Pinnacle, the Venus Baths Loop, Grampians Peaks Trail, Wonderland Loop and Chatauqua Peak Trail.
- Once you reach the stunning lookout points for each trail, you'll be glad you made the journey.
- Visit Mackenzie Falls. The most famous Grampians waterfall, descend the stairs down to the base and marvel at the sight of water cascading over the cliff face. Follow the trail along the river to the equally impressive Fish Falls.
- Go rock climbing. The Grampians is one of the best regions for rock climbing and experienced climbers will love the variety of routes to try. Beginners should book a lesson with a climbing company in the Grampians.
- One tree hill lookout located 40 minutes outside of town this hill offers incredible 360 panoramic views of the town and surrounding areas.