YHA Cape Byron (Byron Bay)
Tuesday | $5 Yoga classes - 9am (see below for more details)
Wednesday | Free fitness classes - 1pm (held at YHA Byron Bay)
Wednesday | Trivia night - 7pm (held at YHA Byron Bay)
Thursday | Farmers market - 10am (held at YHA Byron Bay)
Thursday | Free Lighthouse walking tour - 1pm (see below for more details)
Friday | $5 Yoga classes - 9am (see below for more details)
Friday | $5 BBQ night - 6:30pm
Every day | Bike rental with Trek Bikes
- Pick up/drop off at YHA Cape Byron
- Add rental to your reservation or book at reception
- Cost: $15/half day | $26/full day
- Rental includes: Locks | Helmets | Lights
- Rental hours: 8:30am-6pm (summer) | 8:30am-5pm (winter)
Cape Byron Lighthouse Walk
Join our free walk to Australia's most easterly point and trek through rainforest and clifftops before coming to the spectacular views of the ocean, hinterland and lighthouse.
Guests can register at the reception desk of either YHA Cape Byron or YHA Byron Bay.
Itinerary: YHA Byron Bay > YHA Cape Byron > Cape Byron Lighthouse
Join one of our yoga classes (open to checked-in guests at both YHA properties in Byron Bay), led by a licensed yoga teacher, who is also part of the YHA team.
Participation is limited to 12 individuals per session, and a fee of AU$5 per person applies.
Register at the reception desk of either YHA Cape Byron or YHA Byron Bay.
Things to do in Byron Bay
- Walk the loop to the lighthouse via the National Park rainforest walk and back via Wategos Beach and Palm Valley (7km return)
- Surf, swim or sunbake on any of Byron Bay's phenomenal beaches.
- Take in a sunrise (or sunset if you like a sleep in too much) at Australia’s most Easterly point.
- Free live music at the famous Beach Hotel most nights but especially for the traditional Sunday Session (on Sundays if you didn’t guess!)
- Spot a hippie or even a hipster at a sunset drum circle on Main Beach or check out the many street artists around town.
- Walk around the local Farmers Market every Thursday morning OR the monthly market on the first Sunday of every month.
- Hike though the majestic Arakwal national park of the many available hiking trails.
- Venture out to cape Byron lookout just beyond the lighthouse and have a swim in the nearby Little Wategos Beach.
- Skateboading or watching the locals ride the bowls at Jarjumirr Skate Park directly opposite YHA Cape Byron.