About YHA Cape Byron
With inviting common areas surrounding a large heated pool and BBQ area, it's easy to meet people and enjoy the hostel. You can rent our surf or boogie boards to explore the beaches - YHA Cape Byron hostel is located in the centre of town, just 200m from the beach, cycle trails and directly opposite Jarjumirr Skate Park.
Follow YHA Cape Byron
All private rooms include:
Free, fast Wi-Fi | Storage | Access to kitchen, BBQ, & swimming pool
Ensuite | Flat screen TV | Air conditioning
All co-living rooms include:
Free, fast Wi-Fi | Lockers | Access to kitchen, BBQ, & swimming pool
*Guests must be over 18 years of age to stay in a co-living room
- TVs (double/twin rooms)
- Surfboard hire
- Bike rental
- Free bodyboards
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
- Swimming pool
- Tour Desk
YHA Cape Byron features
- On-site parking available to book.
- Bike rental with Trek Bikes:
- Pick up/drop off at YHA Cape Byron
- Add rental to your reservation or book at reception
- Cost: $15/half day | $26/full day
- Rental includes: Locks | Helmets | Lights
- Rental hours: 8:30am-6pm (summer) | 8:30am-5pm (winter)
- Join a free walking tour once a week to Australia's most easterly point and the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse. There's spectacular views where you can spot whales, dolphins and turtles as well as Byron's famous surfing beaches.
- Other facilities include a cafe, dive centre, surf school and open lounge area with flat screen TV and book exchange.
- Accommodation options include Co-living traveller rooms and Twin/Double rooms.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the property (High Speed Internet NBN 100Mbps Fibre Connection). Internet speed will be subject to Wi-Fi coverage in the building.
Things to do in Byron Bay
Planning your trip? Discover the best things to do in Byron Bay.
For over 80 years, YHA Australia has been a safe and inclusive place for travellers from all walks of life. Guests are required to abide by YHA's house rules when staying at our properties.
YHA is committed to providing all guests with a safe and healthy environment. As of 24th October 2022, YHA Cape Byron is a 100% smoke-free property, including both tobacco and e-cigarettes/vapes.
|Traditional Place Name:|
Corner of Byron and Middleton Streets
Show location map
|Phone:||(+612) 6685 8788|
|Hostel Manager:||Max Marolt|
|Hostel||Open all year|
9am-8pm | After hours arrivals: contact property for alternative arrangements.
|Check in||from 2pm|
|Check out||until 10am|