YHA Cape Byron (Byron Bay)
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available from 9am - 8pm. After hours calls are available for emergencies only – from 8pm - 9am.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If you are arriving after 8pm please notify the property before closing hours.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Please advise our reception staff for the best rates! You can also request to extend your stay via our Goki app for your convenience.
- Please download GOKI app in advance for a smoother check-in.
- GOKI access is required to enter the property and access the rooms.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Level 1
- Rooms 1 to 10
- Co-living area, pool (open from 6.30AM - 8PM), bike storage, luggage storage & laundry facilities.
- Bike storage is subjected to availability. We recommend our guests to secure your bike with a high quality lock.
- Luggage storage is free of charge and located within the common area.
- Laundry facilities are available from 8am – 8pm. ($5.00 per wash cycle - $5.00 per drying cycle) Laundry powder can be purchased from reception for $1.00.
- Level 2
- Rooms 11 to 31
- Co-living kitchen & dining area (6.30am- 10pm).
- Car Parking (underground)
- Fee is $19 per day and must be booked prior to arrival to avoid missing out. Car park entry is located on Fletcher Lane, at the back of our property with limited parking.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Cape Byron are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Local favourites:
- Espressoheads has been a local's hideout for well over a decade and is located just next door. If you feel like a coffee and locally sourced creative meals, this is your place to be. They are open every day from 6:30am - 2pm.
- Breakfast/Brunch – Expresso heads, Combi, Sunday Sustainable Bakery, Bayleaf Café, Top Shop, General store
- You'll find many great local pubs, bars, cafés and restaurants nearby in Jonson St.
- Most popular restaurants – The Italian, Light years, Bombay, Osushi, No bones (vegetarian), Yullis (vegetarian), Mez club, The Balcony, Bang Bang.
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 2. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- We would recommend supporting the local grocery shops like Bay Grocer or Santos.
- The closest supermarket is Aldi, just 2 minutes from the property or Woolworths 4 minutes away.
- Byron Bay Farmers Market, every Thursday from 7am to 11am.
- Twilight Market – Every Saturday from 4pm to 9pm from the 1st of October to April (Easter).
- Byron Bay Community Market, every first Sunday of the month 8am to 3pm.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Transport/Rentals/Taxis/Shuttle services
- Byron’s main bus interchange (incl. Greyhound) is only 500m away from Cape Byron YHA and is located at the rail corridor adjacent to Butler Street.
- The Byron World First Solar Train links the Byron Town Centre with the North Beach precinct and Byron Arts Estate. The Byron Beach Platform is located at the Shirley Street level crossing between the First Sun Caravan Park and Simmos Caltex Service Station. This is only 500m away from Cape Byron YHA.
Things to do
- Bike rental with Trek Bikes
- Pick up/drop off at YHA Cape Byron
- Add rental to your reservation or book at reception
- Cost: $15/half day | $26/full day
- Rental includes: Locks | Helmets | Lights
- Rental hours: 8:30am-6pm (summer) | 8:30am-5pm (winter)
- There are plenty of tours and attractions available which we can help with, please speak to our reception staff.
- Join our free walk to Australia's most easterly point and trek through rainforest and clifftops before coming to the spectacular views of the ocean, hinterland and lighthouse - enquire at reception (Thursday's at 1pm).
- Join one of our yoga classes (open to checked-in guests at both YHA properties in Byron Bay), led by a licensed yoga teacher, who is also part of the YHA team - enquire at reception (Tuesday's & Friday's at 9:00am (1hr)).
- Discover and explore Byron Bay your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- YHA is committed to providing all guests with a safe and healthy environment. As of 24th October 2022, Cape Byron YHA is a 100% smoke-free property, including both tobacco and e-cigarettes/vapes.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Solar panel heated pool.
- Power saving light bulbs
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Our gardens have drought-resistant plants, they don’t use any of our water!
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.