YHA Sydney Harbour
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available 24/7.
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If arriving later than midnight please notify the property ahead of time.
- We recommend all guests to downlaod the Goki app before arrival. Guests can either use a 4-digit PIN code or the Goki app to access their room and secure areas of the property.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card/Goki app access is required for property entry at night.
- Use your key/Goki app in the lifts to access your room level and the common areas
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car parking is limited with the closest parking station being Wilson Parking - Clocktower.
- Bike storage is subject to availability and on a first come, first served basis.
- All rooms are en-suite.
- Additional communal toilet and shower at the end of each corridor.
- Air conditioning in all rooms. Please use the louvres found outside the window and the blinds inside the window to help regulate room temperature and reduce your carbon footprint. The temperature is controlled by reception, please pop down to alter it as you please. (Premium rooms and family rooms can control it from the room).
- Level 1 – Trails Café (7am-5pm) and common room.
- Level 1 - Continental Breakfast (served 7:00am - 10am). Purchased as part of your booking on yha.com as a bed and breakfast rate or for $12 from reception.
- Level 1 - Shared guest kitchen.
- Level 2 – Laundry facilities ($4.00 per wash - $4.00 per dry) Please note we are cashless and only accept card payment. Laundry powder can be purchased from reception for $2.00.
- Level 3 – Games room with pool tables and rooftop terrace with the best views of Sydney Harbour.
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Sydney Harbour are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Delicious savoury, sweet & healthy treats as well as barista-made and sustainably sourced coffee can be purchased from the Trails Cafe in reception on level 1.
- Continental Breakfast (served 7:00am - 10am). Purchased as part of your booking on yha.com as a bed and breakfast rate or for $12 from reception.
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 1. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- Wynyard Station/MetCentre has food court eateries and fresh food and grocey shops Coles & Woolworths.
- Gateway at Circular Quay has food court eateries as well as bars and restaurants.
- You'll find many great local pubs (like The Australian next door), bars, cafés and restaurants nearby in The Rocks and Circular Quay.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
For information of local transport, including timetables and journey planner visit TransportNSW or chat to one of our helpful team members.
- There are 2 nearby train stations within walking distance of the property - Wynyard (800m easy walk) and Circular Quay (800m - up hill part of the way).
- The light rail is also located nearby at Circular Quay.
- Ferry services leave from Circular Quay - taking you to places like Manly & Taronga Zoo.
- Bus services are also available in the area.
Things to do
- Discover and explore Sydney your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
Site history and The Big Dig
Sydney Harbour YHA is also home to The Big Dig Archaeology Education Centre - a classroom space that facilitates hands on archaeology educational experiences.
Both the YHA and education centre were constructed with minimal disturbance to the historic site and offer an inclusive experience; providing accommodation in the city’s historic harbourside precinct, giving the general public free access to learn from the history beneath us and providing an education facility for school students to learn through archaeology education programs.
Dig deeper into the history of where you're staying by watching our documentary on SBS, view it here.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- YHA is committed to providing all guests with a safe and healthy environment. As of 26th October 2022, YHA Sydney Harbour is a 100% smoke-free property, including both tobacco and e-cigarettes/vapes.
- We recommend you secure your bike and lock your car. YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any belongings.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, you're membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
Here at YHA Sydney Harbour, we are are sustainability heroes, committed to furthering our environmental initiatives and working with heritage conservation and the local community. Here's just a few examples, for every measure in place to be keep our sustainability efforts on going, visit our sustainability page here.
- Solar hot water.
- Low energy and timed lighting.
- Key card activation of lighting and air-conditioning
- Centrally controlled air-conditioning for maximum effiency.
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Dedicated space to give second hand goods, clothing, food and more, new life when our guests are heading off on their next adventure.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
- We partner with local organisations to help support the community.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.