YHA Brisbane City
Important information & operating hours
- Our team is available 24/7. If reception is unattended when you need us, please call 0448 931 074
- Check in is anytime after 2pm. If you are arriving after 11pm please notify the property ahead of time.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Key card access is required for property entry between 11pm and 7am.
- All rooms have key card activation of lighting and air-conditioning.
- Look after your key- replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries- keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Level 1: Guest car park + bike storage.
- Car Parking is limited- book your space at reception for $20/ day. Event rates of $35/day may apply. Car park entry is located on Quay St, at the back of our property.
- Bike storage is provided free of charge and are under CCTV. We recommend you secure your bike with a high quality lock.
- YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of belongings.
- Level 2: Guest Laundry: Washing machines and dryers are cashless, simply tap your credit card and you are good to go!
- Level 5: Pool and roof top bar | kitchen + dining | Y-Hive Co-working Space | TV Room |
- Level 5 is closed between midnight and 5am.
- Luggage storage is available at reception from $5/ day.
- ATM: Charges may apply ($2.80-$3.10).
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Brisbane City are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Check-in café - our very own in-house café - open 7am-11:30am
- Rooftop Bar open every night during Summer, and Thursday- Sunday at other times throughout the year.
- Delicious barista- made and sustainably sourced coffee can be purchased at reception.
- Our guest kitchen is located on level 5. Please ensure that you label your food and store neatly in lockers and fridges provided. This is a shared facility, please leave it clean for the next user by washing, drying, putting away your dishes and wiping down the area you used.
- The Barracks Shopping Centre is located just across the road (go down the stairs in front of the property) and is home to major supermarket of Coles (open 7am- 9pm M- F | 9am- 9pm Saturday | 9am- 6pm Sunday), and a variety of takeaways, cafes, and restaurants. Check out the adjacent Caxton St for more pubs and clubs.
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
For information of local transport, including timetables and journey planner visit Translink or chat to one of our helpful team members.
- Brisbane's main bus (incl. Greyhound) and train interchange, Roma St Train Station is 500m from Brisbane City YHA- Simply turn right and cross the road in 500m.
- The closest City Ferry Stop is North Quay- 15 minutes walk from us.
- The closest supermarket is Coles, located across the road from the property.
- All major banks and department stores are located in the CBD, a 15- 20 minute walk from Brisbane City YHA. Walk out of reception and turn right!
- Suncorp Stadium is just a 5 minute walk from the property.
- Queen St Mall, King George Square, and City Hall are located in the CBD.
- Queensland Performing Arts Complex (QPAC) and the Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA) are located just across the William Jolly Bridge, 10 minutes walk from the property.
Things to do
- Discover and explore Brisbane your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
- Enquire at reception (or follow us on Facebook for regular updates) for more details about the following activities available for guests at YHA Brisbane City:
- Monday | Trivia night - 7pm on the rooftop
- Tuesday | Aussie movie night - 7pm on the rooftop
- Wednesday | Meditation classes - 5pm on Level 5
- Thursday | Yoga classes - 5pm on Level 5
- Friday | Hot Dogs - 5:30pm on the rooftop
- Saturday | Games night - 5:30pm on the rooftop
- Sunday | Blockbuster movie night - 7:30pm on the rooftop
- Once a month | Party on the rooftop!
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here. We are proud to offer:
- Solar hot water.
- Low energy and timed lighting.
- Key card activation of lighting and air-conditioning
- Centrally controlled air-conditioning for maximum efficiency.
- Recycling stations in kitchens, common areas and office areas
- Dedicated space to give second hand goods, clothing, food and more, new life when our guests are heading off on their next adventure.
- We don't have plastic bottles or plastic bags on site but do have reusable bottles and shopping bags for sale.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.