YHA Apollo Bay Eco
Important information & operating hours
- Reception hours: 9am - 11am & 4pm - 7pm (the team are on site 24/7. If we’re not at reception and you require assistance, please ring the bell or call the contact number provided).
- Check in is from 4pm. If you are arriving after 7pm please notify the property ahead of time to receive late check in instructions.
- Check out is until 10am. Please bring down all white linen and towels to reception, leaving your pillow and doona in the room.
- Want to stay longer? Extend at reception to stay in the same room for the best rates!
- Use code on back of key to access property at night.
- Look after your key- replacement fees apply for lost or damaged keys. All keys must be returned at check- out. If you forget, no worries- keys can be mailed to us or returned to your nearest YHA.
- No sleeping bags or outside linen is allowed to be brought into the property.
- Car Parking is available directly in front of the property.
- Bike storage is available, please ask at reception. We recommend you secure your bike with a high quality lock.
- YHA takes no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of belongings.
- Guest Laundry:Ground floor. $4 in gold coins. Change, laundry powder and fabric softener available at reception.
- Large kitchen and living area on both floors (kitchen closed 11pm-7am).
- TV room on the ground floor.
- Roof top terrace is accessible from the 1st floor.
- Small shop at reception that provides toiletries, snacks and quick meals.
- Luggage storage: Lockers available for hire on the ground floor ($2).
- WiFi: Free, fast and available throughout the property- simply search and connect to YHA free guest wifi, agree to the t's & c's, fill in a super short survey and you're connected!
- We are committed to providing a safe stay for our guests; all areas of YHA Apollo Bay Eco are for guest use only.
Where to eat & drink
- Supermarkets: Foodworks and IGA both a 2 minute walk away
- Fisherman’s co-op for fresh seafood and fish & chips (10min walk)
- Best breakfast:
- Little Crumb Bakery
- Graze (weekends)
- Best lunch:
- Emu Cafe
- Scorched Grill
- Best for dinner (reservations essential during high season):
- Sandy Feet
Getting around - nearby services & attractions
- Local transport:
- 3 buses a day between Melbourne and Apollo Bay.
- 3 buses a week from Apollo Bay to Warnambool.
- Bus to/from Colac once a week.
- Apollo Bay taxi service.
- Great Ocean Road tours must be booked online prior to arrival in Apollo Bay.
- Main bus terminal directly in front of the Information centre, 7min walk from our location. Please contact us if you want picking up.
Things to do
- Great Ocean Road, town centre and the main beach is all a 2 minute walk away.
- Surf boards, kayaks and wetsuits can be hired in town. Numerous local waterfalls and rainforest walks are 30 min - 1 hour drive.
- Mariner’s Lookout in Apollo Bay- 5 min drive followed by a 10 min walk.
- Apollo Bay Harbour (great for seeing seals and stingrays!
- The Great Ocean Walk starts in Apollo Bay.
- Chat to the team at reception or see our activities board for activities happening at the property during your stay.
- Foreshore Market every Saturday morning and Apollo Bay Farmers’ Market every third Sunday Morning of the month.
- Wildlife Wonders is a 10 minute drive from town.
- Otway Fly is 1 hour drive.
- The Apollo Bay Hotel as live music on weekends.
- Discover and explore Apollo Bay your way - click here for a range of YHA recommended experiences and activities.
Your safe stay
- We are committed to providing a safe place for our team and our guests and take our house rules seriously. If you encounter any fellow guests who aren't behaving in line with our code of conduct, or you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please report this to our team immediately. We are here to help you.
- Covid safety continues to remain a top priority for us, here are the measures in place.
- Emergency evacuation details are located on the back of your room door.
- If this is your first stay with YHA Australia, you will receive membership as part of your stay, free of charge!
- If you've stayed with us before, your membership has been renewed at no additonal cost, for 2 years from your check-in date.
- YHA Membership entitles you to some great deals on tours, transport, activities, and even retail discounts.
- As part of YHA Australia's connection to Hostelling International (HI) this card is valid all around the world, giving you the best available rate at more than 3,000 properties. Find out more.
We are passionate about operating sustainably. When you book with us, you are choosing one of the most environmentally sustainable types of accommodation. Staying with YHA helps minimise your carbon footprint while travelling. Visit our sustainability page here.
Book your next stay
Looking for work?
Check out Y-Jobs, our exclusive jobs board which has great work opportunities for working holiday makers across Australia.