15 reasons YHA loves teachers
1. We know you have to buy supplies out of your own pocket more often than you should.
Buying up school supplies for my students while they are on sale. pic.twitter.com/Wr4Yh7VhUH— Carla (@CarlaCo25679840) August 19, 2017
2. You show tremendous patience in the face of the most unruly classes.
3. You manage to do your job when someone is watching your every move.
4. You remain calm in moments where you have every right to throw something at a wall.
5. You don't know everything, but your students don't have to know that.
6. You always know the right way to handle a difficult student.
7. You can't help subconsciously checking in on the latest gossip.
8. You love testing your students in unique ways.
so two of my classmates just asked our professor if his shirt is missing a 2nd part. pic.twitter.com/38ejxdUANN— Kimberly Boswell (@KSBoswell) September 28, 2017
9. Contrary to what others think, the life of a teacher is not a big holiday.
Students, this is where I sit after midnight grading your papers. pic.twitter.com/bE4G1wa8— Mr. Barbero (@compstudies) February 21, 2012
10. You go to extreme lengths to make a boring class interesting.
My algebra 2 teacher so extra doing a handstand to demonstrate reciprocals 😂😂😂 Its cool tho 😂 pic.twitter.com/uiZskDSgoT— luizsza (@speedskatergirl) September 3, 2016
11. You also go to extreme lengths to help a student succeed.
Sometimes ya just gotta appreciate professors who do everything possible to help you succeed 🙌🏻 pic.twitter.com/lRNaN6mNLp— Marissa Flood (@x0_rissa) October 6, 2017
12. You like to help your students with their personal lives when you can.
In 8th grade we had to turn in a weekly journal and the day after I turned in one about the kid I had a crush on in class my teacher redid the seating chart and put us next to each other real wing woman work— kelly kapowski (@kellykrajewski) June 20, 2018
13. You're down with how the youths speak.
Lmaooo 💀😂 my professor really brought a mf coffin to class to say “yall test scores had me dead” pic.twitter.com/dBzuNvyBal— Mario (@elmariochido) November 2, 2017
14. You've heard all the excuses and know every trick in the book.
15. And you're always, always watching.
I snuck out my phone during lecture and immediately received this ... cue the x files theme pic.twitter.com/xXsNqB8UuL— li💤y smith (@elizwsmith) March 27, 2018
YHA Australia welcomes thousands of school groups every year, providing secure, clean, and affordable accommodation for groups as small as 10 and as large as 150.
YHA hostels have excellent facilities for groups, such as expansive BBQ and common areas, catering options, rooms secured by key cards and lockers, and knowledgeable staff at dedicated travel desks who can take the hassle out of arranging your group’s activities – ask your Groups Coordinator about which educational programs suit your students’ needs.
Safety is paramount at YHA, and risk assessments are available for our properties, plus YHA staff are fully trained to handle emergency situations.
Visit yhagroups.com.au to start planning your safe, affordable, quality school group getaway today.