We've gone mental and decided to send two lucky souls to the paradise-on-earth that is Magnetic Island, totally on us! Flights, accommodation, activities - the lot. Here's what the winners of our little competition have in store:
You'll fly into Townsville from your closest Australian capital city and be whisked onto the SeaLink Townsville to Magnetic Island ferry. You'll have a golden, sunshine-drenched 20 minute ride over to Magnetic Island, where you'll arrive at your digs...
Where will you snooze?
You'll stay at the adult wonderland that is Magnetic Island YHA for five nights in a Twin Room. Magnetic Island YHA is a large, friendly and stylish hostel, set in the heart of Magnetic Island's National Park.
But that's not the best part about Magnetic Island YHA!
Magnetic Island Bungalow Bay YHA is home to an onsite Wildlife Sanctuary where you can learn all about Australian critters and their conservation. And we ain't finished. You and your best pal will be treated to a mimosa koala breakfast where you'll dine on a delish buffet, sip on mimosas and best of bloody all, cuddle up to the resident koalas, lizards and other furry friends. And you'll score a complimentary souvenir photo to throw up on your 'grams and make your mates jealous. Get to know the koalas of Magnetic Island before you head off, if you can handle the cuteness.
You've explored onland, now let's dive deeper
This prize ain't over! Courtesy of ProDive Magnetic Island, you and your pal will rival Ariel in your 3 Day SSI Openwater Dive Course! Over 3 days you'll learn all there is to know about diving in the stunning Great Barrier Reef, and finish with your Openwater Divers certificate and very own log book!* This is one dazzling prize, if we do say so ourselves!
Image credit: TEQ
But wait! There's more!
‘Maggie’, as the locals call it, looks like the sort of tropical island paradise you would see in a cartoon, with golden beaches shaded by towering pine trees, turquoise water glittering with bright coral, Aussie wildlife inhabiting rugged mountains, and even a shipwreck to snorkel.stroll the scenic Forts Walk (keep an eye out for rock wallabies!), and check out some of the island’s 23 beautiful bays and beaches - maybe in one of the iconic mini cars!
Stop talking and tell me how to enter!
Alright, alright. It's super simple to enter this baby! Head here to upload a picture and tell us about your absolute favourite travel memory, and why. That's it. Get going. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is YHA Ltd. (ABN 94 008 387 791) of 3/9 Castlereagh Street Sydney 2000 NSW, Tel. (02) 9261 1111.
2. The “Grab your best mate, we're sending you to Magnetic Island” lucky draw (the “Lucky Draw”) begins on 06/05/2019 at 00.00AM AEST and ends on 31/05/2019 at 11.59PM AEST (the “Contest Period”).
3. The minimum age of entrants is 18 years.
4. To be included in the Lucky Draw an entrant must complete the entry form online via woobox.com/7hidme within the Promotion Period.
5. One entry per person only.
6. The draw will be held at 10am AEDST on 07/06/2019 at 3/9 Castlereagh Street Sydney 2000 NSW. YHA Ltd. reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in the order drawn in case an ineligible or invalid entry is drawn. YHA Ltd’s decision is final in relation to all aspects of this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Lucky Draw Prize Pool includes:
Return economy airfares for 2 from the nearest state capital city to Townsville. Airline to be decided by YHA Australia
2 x return ferry tickets from Townsville to Magnetic Island
5 nights Twin Share accommodation at Magnetic Island YHA
2 x tickets to Breakfast with the Koalas including Koala cuddle experience and souvenir photo
2 x 3 Day SSI Openwater Dive Course with Pro Dive Magnetic Island.
No components of package are transferable from prize winners' name, open water dive course commences Wednesday and Saturday – the dive course is a gift, if winner does not take the opportunity due to medical reasons or others this will be forfeited. An online training course must be completed before undertaking the Dive Course, which the Winner and chosen travel partner will be linked to before travel.
The Prize is valid for travel between 7 July 2019 and 30 November 2019 (block out periods apply). The Prize must be redeemed as a whole (all components outlined in 16) no later than 30 November 2019. It is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed as cash.
8. Winner is responsible for organisation and purchase of travel insurance and any other incidental costs eg. meals, transfers, activities, etc.
9. YHA Ltd. will notify the winning entrant by email and will publish the winner’s name on yha.com.au and in an electronic delivered message within 5 days of the draw.
10. The winner must contact YHA Ltd. at least 1 month prior to their desired travel dates so the prize components can be arranged. Timing is subject to availability.
11. Once booked in, no changes can be made. In the event an element of the prize is not available, a replacement product to equal value will apply, subject to The Promoter’s discretion.
12. Prizes unclaimed after a period of 3 months from the date of notification of the winner may be forfeited. An unclaimed prize draw will subsequently be held on 07/09/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw.
13. Conditions apply to travel and accommodation prizes. Booking is subject to availability. The prize package must be taken as specified.